- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine butter and cocoa until smooth. In a large
- bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour
- and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture just until blended.
- Stir in walnuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set
- For butterscotch layer, in a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and
- salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon over chocolate layer. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar
- and milk; bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Quickly
- spread over brownies.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and
- shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional
- 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over
- frosting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 452 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.