The first time I made this pie it was delectable, so I wanted to share it. Fresh strawberries sprinkled with cinnamon make a delicious pie served warm or slightly chilled. —Patricia Kutchins, Lake Zurich, Illinois
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (about 1-1/4 pounds), sliced
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, flour and cinnamon; add strawberries and toss to coat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Double-Crust Strawberry Pie in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Double-Crust Strawberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review