Double-Crust Rhubarb Pie
Old-fashioned and delicious, rhubarb pie is truly springtime comfort food. I buy rhubarb in season, cut it up and freeze it so I can enjoy this pie any time of year.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add eggs;
- whisk until smooth. Gently stir in rhubarb. Line a 9-in. pit plate
- with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling.
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 392 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.