Double-Crust Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Old-fashioned and delicious, rhubarb pie is truly springtime comfort food. I buy rhubarb in season, cut it up and freeze it so I can enjoy this pie any time of year. -Lavonn Bormuth Westerville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add eggs; whisk until smooth. Gently stir in rhubarb. Line a 9-in. pit plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 392 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC