Double-Crust Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add eggs; whisk until smooth. Gently stir in rhubarb. Line a 9-in. pit plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Double-Crust Rhubarb Pie(3)
Sort By :
AMAZING!!! I only had frozen rhubarb in 3 cup portions, so I added a handful of fresh raspberries. I left out the butter dabs (and didn't miss them). After pouring the filling into the crust & topping with the second crust, I scraped the remaining filling from my mixing bowl on top of the crust. Then I sprinkled the crust with a little cinnamon. This is now my standard rhubarb pie recipe! :)
I have made this recipe several times - beginning when I first started dating my now husband. (He loved this pie, too!) I would recommend placing a baking sheet under this pie while baking as it sometimes runs over - making quite the mess.
This is Grandma's recipe, omitting the cinnamon. I love it.