Double-Crust Potato Pie Recipe
Before my husband and I were married, my future sister-in-law made this Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for me. It's become one of my favorite dishes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 4 cups sliced peeled potatoes (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, broth, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until potatoes are crisp-tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes; drain if necessary.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom pastry. Spoon potato mixture into the crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Trim, seal and flute edges; cut vents in top. Brush with milk.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 330 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC