Double-Crust Pear Pie Recipe
Thanksgiving dinner guests will be pleasantly surprised to see this pretty dessert on the table instead of the usual apple pie. The amount of anise flavor is just right.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed aniseed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled ripe pears (about 5 medium)
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, aniseed and lemon juice. Add pears and toss gently.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and pears are tender. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Combine glaze ingredients; gently spread over hot pie. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 412 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Double-Crust Pear Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC