- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed aniseed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled ripe pears (about 5 medium)
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, aniseed and lemon juice. Add pears and toss gently.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and pears are tender. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Combine glaze ingredients; gently spread over hot pie. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Double-Crust Pear Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p130
Reviews for Double-Crust Pear Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review