Double-Crust Onion Quiche Recipe
"In summer, our electric farm fencing business keeps us hopping, and I tend to fix quick meals like this hearty pie for husband Doug and me," relates Ruth Lee of Troy, Ontario. "I keep pie pastry on hand in the refrigerator or freezer just for this dish."
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the cheese, onion, bacon, salt and pepper; mix well. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add egg mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges; cut slits in top.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Double-Crust Onion Quiche in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p8
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Double-Crust Onion Quiche(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >