Double-Crust Creamy Raisin Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half. Roll out one portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate; place pastry in pie plate and trim even with edge of plate.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring water and raisins to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in cream until smooth. Add to raisin mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 572 calories, 35g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Double-Crust Creamy Raisin Pie
"I made this on Dec 3,2008 and it's very good. I will make this again."