Double Corn Cornbread Recipe
Looking for a moist bread to dunk in a bowl of chowder or chili? Try this tasty recipe. It’s one of Isaiah’s favorites, Silvana says. “He could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.” —Silvana Nardone, New York, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, rice milk, oil and vinegar. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; stir in corn.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (6 slices).
1 slice equals 334 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 842 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC