I plant a big garden, which includes a lot of corn. My seven grandchildren enjoy coming to help pick and husk the corn. When our family gets together, they tell me "bring corn".
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the ketchup, salt, chili powder and oregano; cook for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a spoon, press meat mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Spoon corn into crust.
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; stir in 2 tablespoons melted butter. Spread over corn.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cornstarch and remaining butter in a saucepan; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. Cut pie into wedges and serve with sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Double Corn Bake in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p37
Reviews for Double Corn Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review