Double Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Here's a delicious holiday treat that's very rich and chocolaty.
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips and butter with cream; stir until smooth. Add vanilla; cool. Refrigerate until almost solid but still workable, about 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. In a microwave, melt white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half of the balls in white chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- 3. Microwave milk chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in milk chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- 4. If desired, drizzle truffles with melted chocolate of opposite color. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 piece equals 122 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC