Here's a delicious holiday treat that's very rich and chocolaty.
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips and butter with cream; stir until smooth. Add vanilla; cool. Refrigerate until almost solid but still workable, about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls. In a microwave, melt white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half of the balls in white chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in milk chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- If desired, drizzle truffles with melted chocolate of opposite color. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Truffles in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p17
Reviews for Double Chocolate Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review