Double Chocolate Torte Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon chocolate sprinkles
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Spread batter in a greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate; cool completely.
- In a bowl, stir the chocolate and butter until smooth. Spread over brownie layer; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Just before serving, top with whipped topping. Decorate with sprinkle. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Torte(6)
Sort By :
I have been making this recipe since it appeared in the May/June 1998 issue of Quick Cooking. The original recipe that I have cut out from the magazine only calls for 1/2 cup of butter. However, I have cut it back even from that and use only 6 Tbsp of butter with the 1 cup of chocolate chips and it is still more than enough.
As the recipe states, bake until the middle springs back; I will add do not judge by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If you wait until a toothpick comes out clean, it will be too dry. You want it to be fudgey, and the toothpick will still be a little gooey at that point.
This is super easy, looks great, and tastes decadent. Try this one!
use only 1/2 cup butter, softened
I was skeptical that the recipe would taste original and homemade with so few ingredients, but it was delicious!! It looks gorgeous when you serve it and it tastes great. I took the other reviewer's suggestion to cut the butter in half - a great idea as the chocolate still spreads easily and it cuts out umpteen grams of fat. Thanks TOH!
Pompilia,as a suggestion, spray cake pan with cooking spray and the cut out a circle of parchment paper or waxed paper to fit in the bottom of your cake pan. Just slide a knife around the sides and it should come out clean as a whistle.
We found that the frosting tasted like butter and like it much better when the butter was cut in half. I used just one cube of butter and one cup of chocolate chips. Other than that, it is delicious!