Double Chocolate Torte
If you love chocolate, you won't be able to resist this rich, fudgy torte. I often make it for company because it's easy to prepare yet looks so impressive. For special occasions, I place it on a fancy cake plate and I use a can of whipped topping to decorate it. It looks and tastes awesome!
9-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon chocolate sprinkles
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like
- brownies. Spread batter in a greased and floured 9-in. round baking
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until center springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate;
- cool completely.
- In a bowl, stir the chocolate and butter until smooth. Spread over
- brownie layer; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Just before serving, top
- with whipped topping. Decorate with sprinkle. Yield: 9-12 servings.