Double Chocolate Torte Recipe
If you love chocolate, you won't be able to resist this rich, fudgy torte. I often make it for company because it's easy to prepare yet looks so impressive. For special occasions, I place it on a fancy cake plate and I use a can of whipped topping to decorate it. It looks and tastes awesome! —Naomi Treadwell Swans Island, Maine
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Spread batter in a greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate; cool completely.
- 3. In a bowl, stir the chocolate and butter until smooth. Spread over brownie layer; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Just before serving, top with whipped topping. Decorate with sprinkle. Yield: 9-12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC