Double-Chocolate Toffee Icebox Cake Recipe
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate wafers
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Arrange 20 cookies on bottom of an 8-in.-square baking dish. Spread a fourth of the chocolate pudding and a fourth of the whipped cream over cookies. Repeat layers three times. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 538 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Double-Chocolate Toffee Icebox Cake
"This is one of those recipes that looks so much more complicated than it actually is. When I served it the whole table went silent as my friends focused on gobbling it down. Sometimes I vary the ingredients - graham wafers instead of chocolate, or a different flavour of pudding. It all turns out great"
"chocolate wafer cookies are either in the cookie aisle OR where ice cream supplies are sold; i.e. chocolate syrup, Carmel syrup,. They are called Famous chocolate wafers. They have a transparent cover and the box is narrow and long.As to whipping cream, chill the bowl and beaters then the whipping cream will not take very long at all. Also use heavy whipping cream, not coffee cream. Cold makes the difference when whipping cream.If you read the directions the whipped cream layer goes on top of the pudding. If the whipped cream is not over whipped, i.e. Whipped just until the foam just holds in the beaters it will spread easier."
"Shigupta, I think you need to repeat the cookie layer as well as the pudding and cream layers. If you do that, you wouldn't be putting pudding on top of cream. I didn't rate this because I haven't made it."
"They should have said to buy whipped cream instead of whipping cream. It takes long to whip it. Don't know which wafers they meant. The ones I bought, were long so 20 didn't fit in 8 by 8 dish so used 13 by 9. Also it's so hard to spread layers of choc pudding layers on top of cream layer without making a mess & mixing them together. Looks good in pic but messy to make. I saw this recipe &'thought will make it for a party. Not a good idea."
"Kidhouse, you can use Oreos with the cream scraped off, or chocolate Graham crackers if you can't find wafers"
"Wanted to make it but couldnt find chocolate wafers. Can you use something else?"
"This is a 10. I did not use whipping cream but used cool whip instead."