- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate wafers
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Arrange 20 cookies on bottom of an 8-in.-square baking dish. Spread a fourth of the chocolate pudding and a fourth of the whipped cream over cookies. Repeat layers three times. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Double-Chocolate Toffee Icebox Cake
"Shigupta, I think you need to repeat the cookie layer as well as the pudding and cream layers. If you do that, you wouldn't be putting pudding on top of cream. I didn't rate this because I haven't made it."
"They should have said to buy whipped cream instead of whipping cream. It takes long to whip it. Don't know which wafers they meant. The ones I bought, were long so 20 didn't fit in 8 by 8 dish so used 13 by 9. Also it's so hard to spread layers of choc pudding layers on top of cream layer without making a mess & mixing them together. Looks good in pic but messy to make. I saw this recipe &'thought will make it for a party. Not a good idea."
"Kidhouse, you can use Oreos with the cream scraped off, or chocolate Graham crackers if you can't find wafers"
"Wanted to make it but couldnt find chocolate wafers. Can you use something else?"
"This is a 10. I did not use whipping cream but used cool whip instead."