My mother-in-law gave me a cooking lesson when I first got married: "Anything tastes good if you put enough butter, chocolate or cream in it." This cake has two out of three and proves she was right. Sometimes I use chocolate graham crackers and stack up the layers in a 9x9 pan. —Bee Engelhart, Bloomfield Township, Michigan
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate wafers
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Arrange 20 cookies on bottom of an 8-in.-square baking dish. Spread a fourth of the chocolate pudding and a fourth of the whipped cream over cookies. Repeat layers three times. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Double-Chocolate Toffee Icebox Cake in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for Double-Chocolate Toffee Icebox Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2016
"Wanted to make it but couldnt find chocolate wafers. Can you use something else?"
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2016
"This is a 10. I did not use whipping cream but used cool whip instead."