Double-Chocolate Toffee Icebox Cake Recipe
My mother-in-law gave me a cooking lesson when I first got married: "Anything tastes good if you put enough butter, chocolate or cream in it." This cake has two out of three and proves she was right. Sometimes I use chocolate graham crackers and stack up the layers in a 9x9 pan. —Bee Engelhart, Bloomfield Township, Michigan
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate wafers
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Arrange 20 cookies on bottom of an 8-in.-square baking dish. Spread a fourth of the chocolate pudding and a fourth of the whipped cream over cookies. Repeat layers three times. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Double-Chocolate Toffee Icebox Cake in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for Double-Chocolate Toffee Icebox Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review