Double Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies Recipe
Chock-full of chocolate chips and sprinkles, these chewy cookies never last long around our house. They're simply outstanding.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:54 servings
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups chocolate sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Place the oats in a blender; cover and process until finely ground. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and sprinkles.
- 3. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 330 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC