- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk one egg, cream and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Place wedges on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg; brush over scones. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p183
Reviews for Double Chocolate Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 5, 2016
"Made these for the first time and loved them.. Cut them in half after baking. Perfect for a quick bite."