- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 ounce German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add the milks. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in grated chocolate and vanilla. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Pudding
"This recipe sounds delicious, but I have one from Taste of Homes Down Home Diabetic Cookbook which only has 95 calories and 17 carbs and is delicious. The recipe is on page 281 and is called Light 'n' Rich Chocolate Pudding. Cures me when I need a chocolate fix! PJZ"
"This receipe took quite a bit of stirring, but the end product was delicious. Much better than a store bought box pudding."
"I tried this recipe and it did have a delicious taste. However, it never got thick enough to set firm like a pudding should set. Even in the frig overnight did not set it up. And I cooked it well beyond 2 minutes waiting for it to thicken up enough to remove it from the heat."
"German Chocolate is in the area that baking chocolate is displayed. Normally in a green package. Usually bought for German chocolate cake.deannie"
"its only 3 points on the weight watchers diet..and it might just be the chocolate fix you need!! i havent made it yet but I will!!"
"Re: Double Chocolate Pudding.Yes, it does sound really good except for the 168 calories in 1/2 cup.jmb03"
"Yes, use the crushed pineapple instead of water. I got a similar recipe to this from Weight Watcher's where you bake the mixture in muffin cups for a light snack-omitting the icing.Hope this helps."
"sounds goo-will try it"
"the angelfood receipewith pineapple,do you substitute the pineapple juice for the water? please let me know as i want tomake it!! patsy crain"