Our home economists set our to create a rich chocolate sensation, and they certainly succeeded with this soft creamy pudding. A little German chocolate and baking cocoa make it a mouthwatering hit without much fat.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 ounce German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add the milks. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in grated chocolate and vanilla. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Pudding in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p33
Reviews for Double Chocolate Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review