Double Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 ounce German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add the milks. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in grated chocolate and vanilla. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup equals 166 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.