- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 ounce German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add the milks. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in grated chocolate and vanilla. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Pudding
"This receipe took quite a bit of stirring, but the end product was delicious. Much better than a store bought box pudding."
"I tried this recipe and it did have a delicious taste. However, it never got thick enough to set firm like a pudding should set. Even in the frig overnight did not set it up. And I cooked it well beyond 2 minutes waiting for it to thicken up enough to remove it from the heat."
"its only 3 points on the weight watchers diet..and it might just be the chocolate fix you need!! i havent made it yet but I will!!"
"Re: Double chocolate Pudding.Yes, it does sound really good except for the 168 calories in 1/2 cup.jmb03"
"Yes, use the crushed pineapple instead of water. I got a similar recipe to this from Weight Watcher's where you bake the mixture in muffin cups for a light snack-omitting the icing.Hope this helps."
"sounds goo-will try it"
"the angelfood receipewith pineapple,do you substitute the pineapple juice for the water? please let me know as i want tomake it!! patsy crain"