Double Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions; pour into a 13x9-in. dish.
- 3. Tear cake into small pieces and gently push down into the pudding. Drizzle with 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Spread with whipped topping. Drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 235 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Double Chocolate Pudding Cake
"Simple and yummy. We omitted the nuts, just a personal preference, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Very easy and tasty!"
"I made this dessert several years ago for a family reunion, everyone had to have the recipe!"