Double Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
Kathleen Gordon makes a crowd-pleasing dessert simple with cake cubes, instant pudding, whipped topping, chocolate syrup and nuts. "It's a surefire way way to satisfy chocolate lovers," remarks the Treadway, Tennessee cook.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions; pour into a 13x9-in. dish.
- 3. Tear cake into small pieces and gently push down into the pudding. Drizzle with 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Spread with whipped topping. Drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC