Kathleen Gordon makes a crowd-pleasing dessert simple with cake cubes, instant pudding, whipped topping, chocolate syrup and nuts. "It's a surefire way way to satisfy chocolate lovers," remarks the Treadway, Tennessee cook.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions; pour into a 13x9-in. dish.
- Tear cake into small pieces and gently push down into the pudding. Drizzle with 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Spread with whipped topping. Drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Dream Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p44
Reviews for Double Chocolate Pudding Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2013
"Simple and yummy. We omitted the nuts, just a personal preference, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Very easy and tasty!"
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2012
"I made this dessert several years ago for a family reunion, everyone had to have the recipe!"