Double Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
Kathleen Gordon makes a crowd-pleasing dessert simple with cake cubes, instant pudding, whipped topping, chocolate syrup and nuts. "It's a surefire way way to satisfy chocolate lovers," remarks the Treadway, Tennessee cook.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions; pour into a 13x9-in. dish.
- Tear cake into small pieces and gently push down into the pudding. Drizzle with 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Spread with whipped topping. Drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Dream Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p44
Reviews for Double Chocolate Pudding Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2012
I made this dessert several years ago for a family reunion, everyone had to have the recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pudding >
- Chocolate Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Cake >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >