Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies Recipe
I received this recipe from my sister-in-law more than 35 years ago. Chock-full of chocolate, these crispy cookies have a tantalizing aroma while baking. —Marilyn Spangler, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 255 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC