- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies
"I had everything but the chips so I had to go without and they are delicious. I followed the recipe except added a teaspoon of almond extract and used pecans and walnuts. Yum..love these. Thank you."
"Excellent double chocolate cookie! It has the perfect combination of crunchy outside and chewy inside. As recommended I doubled the cinnamon. I also wanted to mention that my first batch did not spread out very much while baking which is probably why another reviewer said they were crumbly. On the remaining batches I rolled the tablespoon of dough into balls, placed on the cookie sheet and pressed down to slightly flatten the dough before baking. These needed to bake the full 12 minutes. They turned out perfectly...very delicious!"
"I just baked these cookies and they are the best chocolate cookie I have ever tasted. I used 1/2tsp. of cinnamon and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I sprinkled the tops of the cookies with coarse sugar before baking and they are fantastic. I got 7 dozen cookies from this recipe."
"This was great! I love a crunchy cookie and I wasn't disappointed!"
"Wonderful recipe. I halved it and it made 2 dozen good size cookies. Left them in 12 minutes. Easy, fast and delicious. A keeper."