- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Orange Brownies
Sort By :
"If you really love orange, you'll love these brownies, otherwise, the orange flavor distracts from the typical chocolaty flavoring of brownies. The taste was similar to an orange cream filled chocolate candy. My family found them just ok. I think they would be better with vanilla extract or with strawberry extract, since strawberry typically blends it self better with chocolate."
"Made these brownies this afternoon. Absolutely fantastic. I give them a full 5 star rating. I followed the recipe just as written (except I added an extra 3T of a.p. flour because I live at 6580 feet elevation). Moist, fudgy, chocolate goodness. Can't go wrong with these."
"Very tasty. I made a few changes/additions - added a splash of vanilla and a big pinch of salt and used orange zest and a little orange juice instead of the orange extract. Very nice recipe."
"this recipe is wonderful! I did use 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa with the melted butter. I added 1/2 tsp. salt with the 1 cup all-purpose flour and sifted together. I also greased and floured a 13x9x2" baking pan and I used miniature chocolate chips (1 cup). I didn't dust with the confectioners' sugar-to me, the chocolate chips added enough of a touch! When I cut the brownies, and sampled small "cuts", I found these to be very moist! I got 31 squares out of this recipe! delowenstein"
"really great, you can sub powdered sugar, for a powdered sugar glaze, add some orange extract to the glaze if you want"