Double Chocolate Orange Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Orange Brownies
Sort By :
really great, you can sub powdered sugar, for a powdered sugar glaze, add some orange extract to the glaze if you want
These brownies are great, but I decided to kick up the orange flavor with a teaspoon of orange zest and chopped orange flavored chocolate instead of chocolate chips. I will be making these again for Christmas as my father loves anything with chocolate and orange flavor.
deliciously scrumptious with a hint of orange. super easy to make. better than brownies from a box!
I followed the recipe almost exactly...I added about a half a tablespoon of vegetable oil because I like my brownies to be a little moist. I also used mini chocolate chips and covered the top which created a little layer of chocolate. My family absolutely loved it!
This is my favorite new brownie recipe!