Double Chocolate Orange Brownies Recipe
I have to give my husband credit for this idea—since we love chocolate and orange together, he suggested I come up with this recipe. Now they're not only his favorite, but also the whole family's. I'm always asked to bake these brownies for family gatherings. —Elinor Townsend, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- 3. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC