Double-Chocolate Holiday Pie Recipe
Smooth and creamy, this velvety pie will be a festive change of pace on the dessert table. A hint of orange in the cranberry topping adds extra pizzazz that’s too delish to resist. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 extra-servings graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Place chocolate chips and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Spread into crust; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons almonds.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cream; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and extract; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Fold into pudding. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Place cranberry sauce in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Stir in orange peel. Spoon over top; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 655 calories, 40 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC