Double-Chocolate Holiday Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Ready Crust, 2 Extra Servings graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Place chocolate chips and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Spread into crust; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons almonds.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cream; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and extract; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Fold into pudding. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Place cranberry sauce in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Stir in orange peel. Spoon over top; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 655 calories, 40g fat (20g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Double-Chocolate Holiday Pie
"Pretty easy to do, and the white chocolate layer was light and delicious. The dark chocolate started to cool off fast, so you have to be ready to spread it pretty quickly. And definitely buy the bigger graham cracker crust. If you don't you'll have way too much filling for the crust."