- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, optional
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter.
- In a heavy large saucepan, combine sugar, milk, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallow creme until melted. Stir in both chocolates until melted. If desired, stir in walnuts. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge from pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 pounds (150 pieces).
Originally published as Double Chocolate Fudge in Country December/January 2001, p51
Reviews for Double Chocolate Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
"This is one of the best and easiest recipes ever!"