Double Chocolate Fudge
Anyone who's fond of chocolate will like this smooth, nutty fudge twice as much. I enjoy making several batches when Christmas rolls around. It doesn't last long at our house during the December festivities!
78 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, divided
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and butter the foil; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate chips with 1/2 cup plus
- 3 tablespoons milk over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 1
- teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread into prepared pan.
- In another saucepan, melt milk chocolate chips with remaining milk.
- Remove from the heat; stir in remaining vanilla and walnuts. Spread
- over first layer. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Remove from the
- pan and cut into 1-in. squares. Store at room temperature. Yield:
- 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.