Double Chocolate Fondue
Thick, rich and luscious, this yummy dip won’t last long. “You can also use pretzel sticks as dippers. I eat spoonfuls right out of the refrigerator!”
—Cindy Stetzer, Alliance, Ohio
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Cubed pound cake and assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 can milk. Cook over low
- heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk cocoa and remaining milk until smooth. Add to
- sugar mixture; bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and butter until melted. Stir
- in vanilla. Keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without cake and fruit) equals 226 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.