- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cubed pound cake and assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 can milk. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk cocoa and remaining milk until smooth. Add to sugar mixture; bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and butter until melted. Stir in vanilla. Keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Fondue
"love this with pound cake - liked that it was not too sweet"
"Very good flavor. I used milk chocolate chips. Mine did not thicken up. Will be great on ice cream also."
"Thick and yummy, but not sweet enough for my taste.Will try with semi-sweet, or milk chocolate next time."