Thick, rich and luscious, this yummy dip won’t last long. “You can also use pretzel sticks as dippers. I eat spoonfuls right out of the refrigerator!” —Cindy Stetzer, Alliance, Ohio
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cubed pound cake and assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 can milk. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk cocoa and remaining milk until smooth. Add to sugar mixture; bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and butter until melted. Stir in vanilla. Keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Fondue in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p61
Reviews for Double Chocolate Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review