Double-Chocolate Espresso Cookies Recipe
Field editor Cindi Paulson of Anchorage, Alaska promises, "Anyone who is a chocolate and espresso fan is sure to love these!"
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips and butter with coffee granules; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat sugar and eggs 3 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chips.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and tops are cracked. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC