Anyone who is a chocolate and espresso fan is sure to love these. Coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate in the tender chewy cookies. They’re guaranteed to wake up your taste buds. —Cindi Paulson, Anchorage, Alaska
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips and butter with coffee granules; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat sugar and eggs 3 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and tops are cracked. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Double-Chocolate Espresso Cookies in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p22
Reviews for Double-Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review