- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips and butter with coffee granules; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 3 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and tops are cracked. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Double-Chocolate Espresso Cookies(8)
Sort By :
made these today....oh my are they good.....
Like others said the batter is thin and makes you think you did something wrong. However, they turn out fine and are delicious!! I love them!!
Our batter also came out super thin, so to save time, I baked them in a jelly roll pan for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. They're super duper rich. My sons all said, "Please make these again!"
Even though I let the batter sit for a while so that it could set up, my first batch out of the oven came out very flat and large. The second batch looked like normal cookies. However, they tasted super good - like a very rich chocolate brownie!
Dang! These babies are GOOD! I gave it four stars for two reasons: (1) it seemed as though the dough took a bit of time to set up. At first I thought I'd have to make a cake out of the batter; it seemed that runny. I put one sheet in as a "test" and they turned out fine, plus the dough did get stiffer as I prepared the rest of the sheets and (2) these cookies are more "adult" cookies, that is, very intensely chocolate and not terribly sweet. Which I loved! But I wouldn't necessarily bake them for the kiddies.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >