- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips and butter with coffee granules; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat sugar and eggs 3 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and tops are cracked. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Double-Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Sort By :
"Love this recipe! Sometimes I omit the coffee and they still aim to please! They are chewy and really hit the spot when you are craving a chocolate treat!"
"made these today....oh my are they good....."
"Like others said the batter is thin and makes you think you did something wrong. However, they turn out fine and are delicious!! I love them!!"
"Our batter also came out super thin, so to save time, I baked them in a jelly roll pan for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. They're super duper rich. My sons all said, "Please make these again!""
"Even though I let the batter sit for a while so that it could set up, my first batch out of the oven came out very flat and large. The second batch looked like normal cookies. However, they tasted super good - like a very rich chocolate brownie!"