Double Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake Recipe
Every slice of this creamy cheesecake is a standout. The classic pairing of chocolate and coffee is sure to please partygoers.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, chopped
- 16 chocolate-covered coffee beans
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter, sugar and espresso powder. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of prepared pan.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, melted chocolate, cocoa, cream and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the espresso powder and vanilla. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine liqueur and half-and-half. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 6. Drizzle cheesecake with coffee syrup; garnish with whipped cream, chocolate and coffee beans. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 610 calories, 40 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC