- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg, then egg white, beating well after each addition. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the buttermilk, water, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; beat into batter just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 cupcakes.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Sort By :
"A tiny bit dry"
"I made these with gluten free flour, they turned out great!! I used 1/2 cup cocoa powder and reduced the flour to 1 1/3 cups. I mixed 1/2 cup of chips with flour & cocoa so they didn't fall to bottom. It made 6 JUMBO muffins. YUMMY!!!"
"Great light treat for when you're having a chocolate craving. I made exactly as written and they came out fine but my batter only made 12 as well (not 14)."
"Looked picture perfect out of the oven! Added an extra 1/2 cup of the miniature chocolate chips!"
"This is a good recipe for when you're craving chocolate but don't want a whole lot of calories."