Double Chocolate Cookies
When I make these yummy treats with my young grandson, Ben, I use an extra-big mixing bowl to prevent the flour and other ingredients from flying all over. He seems to enjoy making the cookies almost as much as eating them!—Chantal Cornwall, Prince Rupert, British Columbia
54 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes
- before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 119 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.