Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
When I make these yummy treats with my young grandson, Ben, I use an extra-big mixing bowl to prevent the flour and other ingredients from flying all over. He seems to enjoy making the cookies almost as much as eating them!—Chantal Cornwall, Prince Rupert, British Columbia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:54 servings
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 119 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC