Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
"Some double chocolate cookies have a weird texture when they're baked...not this one. Delicious! I used white chocolate chips instead of semisweet for a little different flavor."
"These cookies are so good! The batter is really stiff - made me wish I had a KitchenAid, but worth the extra muscle required!"
"Bonist, I think the cocoa is what made these!!! Mine were perfect"
"Very good rich and easy to make"
"These are the best cookies ever! I first found them in the Cookies & Bars Book from 2010, and have made them so many times since. They go FAST and are my most requested recipe. The only recommendation I have is to add just a little more vanilla and they are perfect. Don't let the thick consistency scare you; they will be great."