- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Cookies
"They were DELICIOUS! You should REALLY try these. I never ever ever use salt when I bake so I would suggest that you leave out the salt. I just made these for fun to see what they would turn out like and it REALLY worked out! Follow the instructions directly (except leave out the salt like I said before.) I think you are going to LOVE these. Trust me. I ate like a million of those!"
"Delicious! I used all whole wheat flour (scooped and levelled) and they turned out great."
"Some double chocolate cookies have a weird texture when they're baked...not this one. Delicious! I used white chocolate chips instead of semisweet for a little different flavor."
"These cookies are so good! The batter is really stiff - made me wish I had a KitchenAid, but worth the extra muscle required!"
"Bonist, I think the cocoa is what made these!!! Mine were perfect"
"Very good rich and easy to make"
"These are the best cookies ever! I first found them in the Cookies & Bars Book from 2010, and have made them so many times since. They go FAST and are my most requested recipe. The only recommendation I have is to add just a little more vanilla and they are perfect. Don't let the thick consistency scare you; they will be great."
"These are the best cookies ever! I first found them in the Cookies & Bars Book from 2010, and have made them so many times since. They go FAST and are my most requested recipe. The only recommendation I have is to add just a little more vanilla and they are perfect. Don't let the thick consistence scare you; they will be great."
"Also I did not put 3/4 cups of coco powder in it that seemed like too much so I put and 1/8 cup then a half of1/8 cup they still turned out great"
"These were really good cookies!! Both of my little brothers help me make it! We always want seconds of the dough. Ten minuets is perfect for a nice chewy cookie"