Double Chocolate Coconut Brownies Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Beat the brownie mix, oil, water and eggs on medium speed in a large bowl until blended; stir in chips and walnuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Combine condensed milk and coconut in a small bowl; spread over top. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Place frosting ingredients in a small bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 285 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Coconut Brownies
"I prepared this recipe 5/31/14! I did use my own tried and true basic brownie mix recipe of: one package brownie mix for 13x9x2" pan, 1/3 cup each cold water and vegetable or canola oil, 1/4 cup Hershey chocolate syrup, 1 packet cappuccino mix, 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract + the 3 eggs called for in this particular recipe! I also used 1 small package of Hershey chocolate pudding mix: 3.5-oz. (approximate measurement), 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces with 1/8 cup all-purpose flour! I purposely omitted the nuts due to allergens! I did combine the sweetened condensed milk and 2-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut TO 2-2/3 cup sweetened coconut! I baked the brownies at 350o F. in 13x9x2" greased and floured baking pan for 20 minutes. The brownie base to me was firm! While the brownies were baking, I combined the sweetened condensed milk and coconut together and using a large spoon, I scooped the coconut topping over brownie base, spread evenly and baked 20 minutes longer at 350o F. I used a 1 lb. can of prepared chocolate frosting and 1/8 cup of fat-free milk which I mixed together and I immediately spread over the coconut topping! THEN I allowed the brownies to cool off and put the pan on a wire rack in my refrigerator overnight to allow brownies to really firm up and be set! This worked for me! This recipe is great and I know I'll be using this as an alternative to my other brownie recipes! I have a GOOD # of brownie recipes FROM TOH & the companion magazines which are GREAT-it's hard to choose! delowenstein"
"I need feed back, loved this receipe but those bake times were way off. After the first 20 minutes the muddle was too soupy to put coconut on. Anyone have correct times?"
"These are wonderful!"
"Rich, sweet, and delicious. I don't like coconut, so I omitted that, and its still yummy. The only problem is the sweetened condensed milk sticks to the pan."
"These were so good. I made them with our school's bake sale in mind and most of them didn't make it there."