Thanks to a head start from a mix, it's easy to bake up these crowd-pleasing treats. It's hard to stop at just one brownie, but don't worry—my recipe makes 30 servings! —Brenda Melancon, McComb, Mississippi
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the brownie mix, oil, water and eggs on medium speed in a large bowl until blended; stir in chips and walnuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Combine condensed milk and coconut in a small bowl; spread over top. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place frosting ingredients in a small bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Coconut Brownies in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p55
Reviews for Double Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review