Double Chocolate Cinnamon Ice Cream
I often serve several flavors of homemade ice cream when we have guests in the summer—this one is always the favorite.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, stir together first seven ingredients. Place in the
- cylinder of an ice cream maker and freeze according to
- manufacturer's instructions.
- When freezing process is complete, stir in chocolate chips if
- desired. Serve immediately or freeze. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 218 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy