Double Chocolate Chipotle Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and chipotle pepper. Combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cayenne; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped candy. Chill 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 4 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 179 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Chipotle Cookies
"Made per recipe--excellent!"
"A chocolatey cookie with a slightly savory aftertaste!"
"Fantastic! I didn't have any chipotle, that's why, instead of it I added cayenne pepper. In total, it was about 3 teaspoons. It might seem a bit too spicy, but it was all right! Everybody loved them, even those, who don't eat spicy food)"