Double Chocolate Chipotle Cookies Recipe
One bite tells you that this isn't any chocolate cookie. Chipotle and cayenne peppers give these chewy, fudgy delights a yummy twist. —Lisa Meredith, Eagan, Minnesota
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and chipotle pepper. Combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cayenne; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped candy. Chill 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 4 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 179 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC