Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies?" inquires field editor Diane Hixon, who credits cocoa in the batter for the double dose of chocolate in her treats. These disappear fast from the cookie jar in her Niceville, Florida home!
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in egg.
- Add cocoa and milk. Combine flour and baking powder; fold into
- creamed mixture with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 334 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.