- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in egg. Add cocoa and milk. Whisk together flour and baking powder; fold into creamed mixture with walnuts and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on pans before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
"After reading the reviews I decided to use a little less butter in the batter. But I still had a problem with the cookies being to thin when spread out on the cookie sheet. I think they had a great flavor and I cooked them for 12 minutes so they did not burn. But I do believe the batter was to dense."
"This recipe was a failure. The dough was too dense and the cookies burned before cooking. Even with the cocoa the chocolate flavour was lacking. Will not use again."
"I must say also, I think there may be a misprint possibly? I think the recipe needs more flour or less butter. Perhaps this can be researched? As I stated the dough was delicious, but baking off for me was a disaster."
"I was very disappointed in this cookie. I followed the recipe to the point. I scooped onto my sheets with a small ice cream scoop. They spread out FLAT! I could not get them off of the parchment paper. I had to throw all of them away and didn't bother with the remaining dough. The dough flavor was fantastic, but baking them off was a disaster for me. Sorry for the negative response, but it didn't work for me at all and I am an avid baker."