"Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies?" inquires field editor Diane Hixon, who credits cocoa in the batter for the double dose of chocolate in her treats. These disappear fast from the cookie jar in her Niceville, Florida home!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in egg. Add cocoa and milk. Combine flour and baking powder; fold into creamed mixture with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Chip Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p15
Reviews for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review