Double Chocolate Brownies with Pecans Recipe
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan or microwave-safe dish, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine egg and sugar. Stir in the chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 3. Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 brownies.
1 each: 172 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Brownies with Pecans
"The directions are missing steps, and the proportions of ingredients seem to be grossly off. Only 1/3 cup of flour? I had to do some fancy footwork to fix this recipe, as by the time I realized it was incomplete I had already mixed several ingredients together."
"I think the directions need to be more complete. If someone is not paying attention or multi tasking the vanilla, flour, baking powder & salt will be missed in this recipe"