Double Chocolate Brownies with Pecans Recipe
I've made these tempting brownies many times and also given them as gifts.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan or microwave-safe dish, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine egg and sugar. Stir in the chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 3. Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 brownies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC