Double Chocolate Brownies with Pecans
I've made these tempting brownies many times and also given them as gifts.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small heavy saucepan or microwave-safe dish, melt unsweetened
- chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and sugar. Stir in the chocolate mixture
- and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with chocolate
- chips. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 brownies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium,